A message from the Chicago Cubs regarding the upcoming Green Day, Lady Gaga and Zac Brown Band Wrigley concerts
The tradition of hosting world-class entertainment at the Friendly Confines continues with the final three shows of the season!
Show and Gate Times:
- The Green Day show is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. CDT Thursday, August 24. Gates open at approximately 5:30 p.m. CDT.
- The Lady Gaga show is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. CDT Friday, August 25. Gates open at approximately 5:30 p.m. CDT.
- The Zac Brown Band show is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. CDT Saturday, August 26. Gates open at approximately 5 p.m. CDT.
The Cubs will continue to fund additional security personnel to be on neighborhood streets for three hours following each show to help monitor crowds.
The Cubs remote parking lot located at 3900 N. Rockwell St. will be open for all three concerts. A free shuttle will provide roundtrip services from the lot approximately three hours before the show and one hour after the show ends. The Cubs free bicycle check service also will be available in the alley just east of the main entrance for the CTA Red Line stop on Addison Street. A designated group charter, coach bus, limousine and black car service drop-off and pick-up location will be located on Irving Park Road between Clark Street and Seminary Avenue. Taxis will be available and staged along on Clark Street on the southbound curb, just south of Addison Street.
The Cubs-funded hotline operated and staffed by the Chicago Police Department to address non-emergency traffic-related calls from neighborhood residents will be open one hour before each concert begins until two hours after each ends. To address non-emergency traffic-related issues, please call 1-866-4-CPD-TOW (1-866-427-3869). In case of emergency, call 911.
Sheffield Avenue will be closed from Addison Street to Waveland Avenue to vehicular traffic. The sidewalk on the east side of the street will remain open to pedestrian traffic. Waveland Avenue will be closed from Sheffield to Kenmore avenues to vehicular traffic. The sidewalk on the north side of the street will remain open to pedestrian traffic. These closings take effect now through Sunday, August 27.
Parking restriction will be in place on the following streets now through Sunday, August 27:
- Racine Avenue from Grace Street to the Cubs’ Toyota Camry Lot (east side only)
- 3700 to 3715 block of Sheffield Avenue (both sides)
- Irving Park Road from Seminary Avenue to Clark Street (both sides)
On the days of the concerts, the Chicago Police Department will restrict parking on the following streets from 2 p.m. to midnight:
- Clark Street from Newport Avenue to Addison Street (both sides)
- Clark Street from Waveland Avenue to Irving Park Road (east side only)
- Addison Street from Racine Avenue to Clark Street (both sides)
- Addison Street from Wilton Avenue to Sheffield Avenue (both sides)
Sound Checks and Lighting:
Any necessary sound checks are expected to be completed by 10 p.m. the night before the concerts. Sound checks also should be anticipated August 23 and on concert days.
Wrigley Field lights are expected to be on starting today, August 21, to facilitate concert setup, cleanup and loadout. They will remain on overnight Friday, August 24, and Saturday, August 25.
Pyrotechnic displays may be used during and at the conclusion of all three shows.
We thank you again for your continued patience and support.
The Chicago Cubs